Monday, August 24, 2015

In MY Mind



I think this is a fitting title to start off my BLOG.





I really wanted to make something to spit out all of the nonsense that takes place in my mind throughout the day. I am known as Mr. optimism himself and even I would like to have some sort of account as to why.



Last night before I went to be I played a few bits of music and ran into this lovely piece that I have not heard in a while. The song. titled "in my mind", is a wonderfully simplistic piece of art that really explains my own daily struggle with life. I feel like many will be able to relate.



The song basically goes on saying that I have so many ideas of who I want to be. I have an ideal self that I am always striving for. Goals are an amazing thing and betterment is a wonderful attribute to hold dearly. I think the problem lies in that in the search for betterment it is easy to put down one's current state of being.



Sure I would love to do just a bit more, be more active, more in shape, more loving, and just overall a better person. But guess what, I am not. I am me and really thats ok. Sure I have goals and things in life to shoot for, but I am the choices I make. If i really want to be a great runner again then guess what, I need to go run more! If i choose not to then I have other priorities. That's not a bad thing as long as those priorities are something you can be proud of or bring you enjoyment.



There are only so many days we have on this earth. I can promise myself one thing, that I will make each one count. So if that means skipping a run because I want to play a stupid video game with my brother, or develop my own board game because I am a super nerd then so be it.



I don't think ill ever accomplish everything I want or ever live up to the golden standard I have tried to set for myself, but I will remember that each and every action is my choice. "I am exactly the person that I want to be." That is power. You control your destiny and that is something that cannot be forgotten.





Dont forget to smile and enjoy the song!






No comments:

Post a Comment