Thursday, September 24, 2015

I Can Hear the Bells

This weekend I am attending a wedding!



I absolutely love weddings. Good food, so many people, full night of dancing, and I get to dress up. These are all things I highly enjoy. The past few weddings that I have attended made me reflect on how great it shall be when I have my own wedding one day. No, I do not have my own secret wedding pinterest, but I have imagined my wedding a few too many times.



Anyways, this specific wedding has a few more levels of intrigue. Here comes the back story.



About five years ago (wow I cannot believe its been that long) I moved back home to Michigan from Boston. I left all of the friends I had made over the past four years and was for the most part friendless. After the first few lonely months my cousin invited me out to a bar trivia night. I jumped on the opportunity and had an amazing time. Eventually I found out that I was not invited for my peppy attitude and knowledge of random things, but instead to be "set up" with one of their friends.



Needless to say I failed....hard. I was too young and well yeah it doesn't really matter, but it just didn't work out. However it worked out extremely well! That group of trivia nerds has become my closest friends. Though I did not ever date the friend we became good friends ourselves and she is now getting married. Her fiance, soon to be husband and I have also become good friends even more so lately. I cannot even imagine what it would have been like to not be added to this group of wonderful people. Trivia night is still a thing (though not as consistently) along with board game nights, tailgates, and other sorts of debauchery.



So sure, I may not have found love quite yet. I may not have may wonderful partner to cuddle up with at night, hold hands with walking down the street, or lay next to while watching the starts, but I have some darn great friends.



So this weekend I will be celebrating my good friend's wedding and shaking my booty on the dance floor. It suppose it comes back to the fact that there are so many variations of love. The love of friends is a pretty important one. I just have to keep that piece of knowledge in the forefront of my mind.



Happy Thursday to all and rock on this weekend! Lets make the end of September a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment